Well I spent the better part of a week on the Rock...that would be Newfoundland to those that aren't familiar with the nickname! I spent most of the weekend trying to figure out how to get my long run in. You see Saturday NL got hit with another snow storm and getting my run in today was next to impossible. The weather was one hurdle but the fact that the roads weren't snow cleared and narrow made it way too dangerous to attempt.
So Saturday evening my buddy and I hatched a plan to go snow shoeing for a few hours. 6am we were off to find a place to have at'er. Well we strapped on the snowshoes and after about 40 feet of snow shoeing my feet sunk through the snow into a bog and I was up to my knees in snow, bog and ICE water. For anybody who has ever gotten stuck in bog before I am sure you can appreciate the devil of a time I had getting the snowshoes back out of the bog. Well with my feet like 2 ice chunks I decided that was the end of that adventure!
Once I got home, clean, and got everything dried out I headed off to run from the Delta St. John's to Cape Spear (the most easterly point in North America). It turned out to be a great day to run with beautiful views and lots of great hills...some of which went on for 1-2 miles. When it was all said and done it was 32km and took me 3.5 hours. The attached pic is taken from Cape Spear and is a of Signal Hill in the distance.
All the best!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment