Monday, March 19, 2012

Hills - Day 1

This week feels like the first real training week in preparation for The Death Race. I think that's because I am back to 2 a days workouts Monday to Friday and today I had my first 5:30am rise to get my hill training in. This morning I ran for an hour which simply involved me running up and down my hill 5 times. The hill itself is just about 700 metres. The total run was only about 8 km but it was more about time on the legs and trying to simulate the pounding my legs will experience going down the mountains during the race.
The second workout of the day was some weights. I am going to try Monday/Thursday - Push/Legs and Tuesday/Friday - Pull/ABs and Wednesday - Bike. Every day during the week I will run with Saturdays being my long run. Sundays...day totally off!

No comments:

Post a Comment